Scientific interests: Control theory, dynamical systems, computer architectures and telecommunications, electrical machines.
(1947 – 2018)
Professor, Dr. of Sci., Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics (1988-2018), Saint-Petersburg State University
- 1964 – became a student of mathematics major at the Mathematics and Mechanics Faculty of Leningrad State University.
- 1969 – graduated from the Leningrad State University and started his post-graduate studies.
- 1971 – defended his thesis “Global Stability of Control Systems”.
- 1976 – assistant professor at the Department of Theoretical Cybernetics of Leningrad State University.
- 1983 – defended his doctoral dissertation “Stability in the Whole”.
- 1986 – became a professor and appointed as vice-rector of
- Leningrad State University.
- 1986 – Laureate of the USSR State Prize.
- 1988 – elected as Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics of the Saint Petersburg State University.
- 1989 – Prize of Technische Universitet Dresden for work on chaotic dynamics.
- 2006 – Correspondent Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 2007 – Head of the Applied Cybernetics Department.
- 2011 – elected to the executive board of International Federation Of Automatic Control (IFAC).
- 2012 – Laureate of the A. Andronov Russian Academy of Sciences Prize.